Monday 5 December 2016

Lite blogging

There are some days where I really don't want to write a blog and this is one of them. You would think I had something to say about the Supreme Court shenanigans but I'm struggling to care. The reason being that one way or another we are leaving the EU. Either Mrs May wins her appeal or she doesn't, in which case it goes to parliament.

If the latter is the case then Labour's opposition is largely ineffectual and it's difficult to see how parliament can bind Mrs May in any negotiations. There is an outside chance that they could frustrate the process but I don't fancy their chances come the next general election. If you're after worthwhile commentary I would suggest you go here.

The real news of the day is the news that Liam Fox will pursue a copy and paste approach to the WTO schedule dilemma. The first sign of sanity yet. Meanwhile, Johnson and Davis are in talks with Norway. Borg Brende is spinning his usual myths. You have no idea how much I don't want to write another article about Norway so here's one of the seventeen million I have already written.

Hopefully back on form soon. This week I am tasked with the dismal job of earning a living. Has to be done I'm afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment